I think you might be able to relate…
Just a pet peeve…
Bikers really need to stop at stop signs for a number of reasons
1. Most drivers do not check their blind spots all the time. They may turn even when you think they’ve seen you
2. Some drivers don’t check anything when they drive
3. Cars are bigger than you
4. Not all cars stop at stop signs and actually look both ways
5. Again some people don’t even stop at stop signs
6. If a car gets to a stop sign before you. Expect them to actually go before you too since bikes are also supposed to stop at four way intersections.
7. Plus if a car hits you and you aren’t following the law you will still have to pay a penalty
8. Cars are BIGGER than you
Main emphasis on the fact that if a car merely bumps into you it’s gonna leave at least a bruise. This is somewhat hypocritical of me since I don’t always stop at stop signs either but if a car gets to a stop sign before I do. I will usually let it go because I’d rather not run the risk of getting hit.
This just always annoys me when I drive or I see bikers nearly get hit cause they don’t follow these rules. I don’t see how getting to a destination a few seconds faster is better than getting hit by a car which once again is much bigger and heavier than you.